On June 12, 2012 Washington PTAC is hosting a forum covering how to do businesses with Joing Base Lewis McChord. This forum will bring together local experts to provide insights and tips to sucessfully secure federal contracts at the joint military base. Click here to register. Presenters and topics include:
- Dan Penrose, City of Lakewood Project Manager, will provide a briefing of the size and scope of JBLM.
- Tiffany Scroggs, a certified procurement assistance specialist with PTAC who manages the program for southwest Washington, will present a “Government Contracting 101” session.
- Victoria Ghent, the Assistant Director from the Office of Small Business Programs at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, will lead a course on “Doing Business with JBLM” along with her team of contracting officers.
- Veronica Kammler, Deputy for Small Business for the Army Corps of Engineers, will present a course on regional contracting awareness.
- Ellie Chambers-Grady, City of Lakewood Economic Development Manager, and Denise Dyer, Pierce County Economic Development Manager, will jointly review the regional resources available to businesses including workforce training, financing tools, and a variety of state-level resources.
This forum is made possible through a partnership between the Thurston EDC, South Sound Military & Communities Partnership, and the City of Lakewood.
For more information contact: Tiffany Scroggs
email@example.com (360) 754-6320
Clover Park Technical College, McGavick Center
4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW
Lakewood WA 98499 US